Best Vitamins and Supplements for Women Over 40
“You are not getting any younger.” This is one of the hardest truths to face for women in their 40s. Women at this age often know what they want, whether in career, family, or relationship. The problem is many strong and independent women tend to focus on their goals and put their health in the back seat.
If you or your loved one is at this age, here are some of the most essential vitamins recommended for women in their 40s that you can easily get in the form of supplements from your local pharmacist.
- Calcium – It is no secret that as we age, we need more calcium, coupled with vitamin D for absorption. Now is the best time to start nourishing our bones.
- Vitamin B-Complex – Comprised of 8 vitamins, this supplement is great for a healthier sleep, digestion, and energy during the day.
- Probiotics – The easiest way to keep your digestive system and immune system on track is through a healthy amount of probiotics. It is also said to help lessen the risk of urinary tract infections.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – This greatly prevents heart disease and arthritis, not to mention boost brain activity. Fish oil also helps women prepare for menopause and its side effects.
- Magnesium – Among the countless benefits of magnesium include regulated blood pressure and reduced risk of heart disease and diabetes. Magnesium Citrate and Magnesium Glycinate are often highly recommended, especially for digestion.
- Flaxseeds – Aside from acting as a laxative, it also aids in lowering cholesterol levels, preventing breast cancer, and boosting our immune system.
- Vitamin B12 – As steady blood and brain function should always be on top of your list, and this vitamin is essential.
Check out our blog for more information and tips on maintaining a healthier lifestyle at any age. You can also call Kearney Park Compounding Pharmacy and our trusted pharmacist team would also be more than happy to help you. We are conveniently located in Mesquite, but we offer free delivery options throughout the Dallas, Texas area.