Different Ways of Getting Vaccinated for the Flu?
There are two types of vaccines, the flu shot and the nasal spray.
- The flu shot is:
- Made with inactivated (killed) flu virus
- Approved for use in healthy or chronically ill people
- Approved for use in people older than 6 months
- Available in 3 types:
- Regular; for people 6 months and older
- High-dose; for people 65 and older
- Intradermal (given with a small needle injected into the skin); for people 18 to 64
- The nasal spray is:
- Made with weakened live flu virus
- Given with a mist sprayed in your nose
- Approved for healthy people 2 to 49
- Not approved for pregnant women
For Additional Information Call Us Today @ (972) 329-1168